Saturday, January 10, 2009

HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX





Story: A+
Acting: A+
Direction: A-
Visuals: A+


REVIEW:
I saw the film before i have read the book, I can say that they really followed the book, thy changed some stuffs but minor only, although there were some parts of the book that for me was important but never shown in the movie, one of this was, Mcgonall was stunned by four stunners because she was helping Hagrid to escape or somewhat then she went to tjhe Hospital wing. One thing I noticed was, the scenes were fast, for me it has a very bad editing, the scenes just jump from one to other. Other thing I noticed was that in the book there were more nightmares and so in the movie I guess I've only seen four nightmares. But the important thing is, I really enjoyed the film, the graphics were improved and so as their actings. The new characters were great, although they weren't really what I expected they would be. Like Umbridge, i expected her to be more fat, more ugly, but of course they won't show that kind of person in the film, I understand that they will look her more presentable. Luna Lovegood was great, she looks really innocent and weird, Evanna Lynch did a great job portaring her, it was like portraying an innocent kid. Neville's acting and appearance was improved, he doesn't look dumb anymore.
aside from the effects, I love the new settings, especially the MINISTRY OF MAGIC, they really presented it just the way the book did.
I also like the DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY SESSIONS, but the spells were wrong, stupefy is a jet of red light, in the film it was blue.
But my favorite part of the film was the Battle in the Ministry but I would suggest they should follow the book, Hermione was injured by Dolohov's Curse, Nevill was the one who broke the prophecy, Ron was attacked by brains. I really like the part when Sirius died, really creative, It was hard on Harry's part to see someone close to you die before you..
One thing great about the film was the battle of Voldemort and Dumbledore, it was fantastic, best battle ever in Harry Potter films.
Overall, Its a great movie, I highly recommend this to everyone, if you're a big fan of Harry you will love this film.


PLOT:

As his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry approaches, 15-year-old Harry Potter is in full-blown adolescence, complete with regular outbursts of rage, a nearly debilitating crush, and the blooming of a powerful sense of rebellion. It's been yet another infuriating and boring summer with the despicable Dursleys, this time with minimal contact from our hero's non-Muggle friends from school. Harry is feeling especially edgy at the lack of news from the magic world, wondering when the freshly revived evil Lord Voldemort will strike. Returning to Hogwarts will be a relief--or will it?

No comments:

Post a Comment